Because I Heart Hot Cocoa

Because I Heart Hot Cocoa
A tour of NYC, one sip at a time...

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chilly day in the office/ Cocoa #4




We recently got a new coffee/hot cocoa/"cafe mocha" machine in the office and, naturally, I saw it as essential to test out the hot cocoa immediately. Much to my surprise, it wasn't horrendous. Not saying it was delicious, but as far as machine hot cocoa goes...pas mal.

[p.s. my special hand model for the majority of this shoot was Ms. Chastity Lovely]




Viscosity: As you can see above, the cocoa comes not from a powder, as so many generic machine cocoas do, but from a thick, gooey, rich, syrup. Mmmm. Because of this, the viscosity is not that of water, but more that of a 1% milk. Considering it's coming from a machine in the office kitchenette...I'm impressed.

Cocoa Richness: Again, I credit the syrup for the decent cocoa flavor swirling about in this mug. Far superior than your average Swiss Miss cocoa packet, but nothing compared to a good cup o' cocoa from my favorite Parisian cocoa spot (obviously.....that was my one cocoa snob comment of the week!)--


Presentation: I mean...that's up to the cocoa maker. If you pick a beautiful mug and (gasp!) consider putting some whipped cream on top, then it could be quite pleasing to the eye... somehow there is a natural foam on top right after the cocoa stream flows from the machine. Nice.

Overall Grade: Taking the machine/office into account, I'd give this cocoa a B. But compared to all cocoa, C+. (hey, that's technically above average!)


The "hot chocolate" button on the machine:




No comments:

Post a Comment