Because I Heart Hot Cocoa

Because I Heart Hot Cocoa
A tour of NYC, one sip at a time...

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cocoa #5-- Detour: Freezing in Vermont



I write this post with pink, cold cheeks and nose. I think I am smiling...still hard to feel my face. After a jaunt outside in 7 degree weather and blustery winds with my dad and dog, I came inside and knew what had to be done.

I am not going to use the standard rating scale with this hot cocoa, because I made it, but let me tell you....it's pretty amazing.

I made it from actual cocoa nibs melted in hot milk and topped it off with a heaping mound of marshmallows. I was going to make my very own homemade marshmallows last night with raw honey, gelatin, evaporated sugar cane and milk...but, things got a little crazy and I ended up not having time. In the near future I shall make them!


The making of:

The cocoa bits themselves--


Cocoa sprinkled into the warming milk--




Stirring--




Everything tastes better in a mustache mug! Look at how high the mountain of marshmallows is! Yum yum


All enjoyed on this cold winter day <3>






No comments:

Post a Comment